IMMIGRATION AND VISAS
Visa Waiver There is a Law in effect regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 591 states that: “Those who hold a valid passport with a 3 months validity left and a multiple entry visa with a remaining ONE year validity from ONE of the following countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom, which has been used at least one time to enter these countries, may enter the Republic of Panama regardless of their nationality” For more clarification you will qualify for this decree if you comply with all of these requirements:
Have a valid passport with a minimum of three months of validity left.
Have a multiple entry visa with a remaining ONE year validity from ONE of these countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom.
You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a United States Visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver.
Immigration officials are accepting as valid the entrance of the holders of a United States permanent resident card under this law.
You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US $500.00 upon entry. NOTE: Please make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity left on your passport and a round trip ticket.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree :
No Visa RequireD: IF you are from any of the following countries
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is six months. If you want to stay longer than five months, you may extend your stay applying for an extension of visa with the Offices of Immigration in Panama.
No visa required: if you have a diplomatic passport of the following countries
Republic of China
Authorized Visas: If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above, you will need an authorized visa
If you have registered for the World Youth Day in Panama, please click the following link.
Please be advised: for authorized visas, the approval process may take up to 60 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted.
NOTE: IF THE VISA IS GRANTED, YOU MUST COME PERSONALLY TO THE CONSULATE TO GET THE VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT.
All the submitted documents must be notarized by a Public Notary in the United States prior to being sent to our offices. You must send the following requirements:
1. Complete and sign the visa application (Click here to download)
2. Copies of all the pages of your passport, with the passport having at least three months validity before expected trip.
3. Flight reservation with itinerary of trip continuation or electronic ticket.
4. Copy of a valid I.D. issued by the United States.
5. Three photographs (size: 2x2, with white background)
6. FORM OF PAYMENT: (2) Money orders from WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM. a) A first Money order for $50.00, made out to: SERVICIO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION. b) A second Money order for $10.00, made out to: CONSULADO DE PANAMA.
7. Proof of economic solvency during stay, (No less than USD $500.00) This can be verified with one of the following:
Certified bank check with applicant's name.
Travelers check with applicant's name.
Applicant's bank statement from the last three months.
Applicant credit card statements from the last three months.
Work certificate with last paycheck or independent worker accreditation, in case of being an employee of a public or private entity.
If you are a retired citizen, submit certification of retirement.
Letter from employer that reflects your monthly wages. (Must be translated to Spanish)
Tax returns from previous fiscal year.
If acting as a businessman, submit a bank reference
Any other reasonable proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration.
8. Bring the last visa that was approved by the immigration authorities. (if applicable)
9. Hotel reservation (if applicable)
10. Present, if applicable, a letter of invitation, which may come from either a Panamanian resident or a private entity:
If temporary or permanent residents of Panama, they must provide:
i. An authentic copy of their serial number
ii. Their passport and an identification document for the foreigner
iii. Their tax reports.
If Private entities, they must provide:
i. Certification in the Public Registry
ii. Copy of the notice of activities
iii. Copy of the key of operation in the Free Zone of Colon. (if applicable)
iv. Their tax reports
11. If presenting a letter of invitation (#10), the economic solvency of the inviter can be verified with these documents:
Declaration of rent
Letter from work with the last date of the Social Security Fund in the case of natural born citizens
12. For the solicitation of a minor, it should be done by a parent or legal guardian.
NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH.
REQUISITOS DE VISA EN ESPAÑOL (The document must be submitted in spanish)
Stamped Visa: If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above or do not require an authorized visa, you will need a stamped visa. In order to apply for a stamped visa, you will need to send us all the same paperwork as is listed above for the authorized visa.
Please be advised: for stamped visas, the approval process may take up to 30 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted.
NOTE: IF THE VISA IS GRANTED, YOU MUST COME PERSONALLY TO THE CONSUALTE TO GET THE VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT
Central African Republic
Republic of China
Republic of the Congo