Visa Waiver There is a Law in effect regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 591 states that: “Those who hold a valid passport with a 3 months validity left and a multiple entry visa with a remaining ONE year validity from ONE of the following countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom, which has been used at least one time to enter these countries, may enter the Republic of Panama regardless of their nationality” For more clarification you will qualify for this decree if you comply with all of these requirements:
- -Have a valid passport with a minimum of three months of validity left.
- -Have a multiple entry visa with a remaining ONE year validity from ONE of these countries: USA, Australia, Canada, or United Kingdom.
- -You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a United States Visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver.
- -Immigration officials are accepting as valid the entrance of the holders of a United States permanent resident card under this law.
- -You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US $500.00 upon entry. NOTE: Please make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity left on your passport and a round trip ticket.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree :
No Visa Requirement You will not need a visa if you are from any of the following countries:
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is six months. If you want to stay longer than five months, you may extend your visa with the Offices of Immigration in Panama.
|Germany||Cape Verde||Greece||Malaysia||Poland||St. Vincent and the Grenadines|
|AngolaAntigua and Barbuda||CanadaChile||GuyanaHonduras||MaltaMarshall Islands||QatarRomania||SwitzerlandTaiwan|
|Argentina||Colombia||Hungary||Mauritius||Republic of Korea (South)Russia||Thailand|
|Armenia||Comoros/Comoros Islands||Iceland||Mexico||Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic||Tonga|
|Australia||Costa Rica||Ireland||Micronesia||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bahamas||Cyprus||Italy||Monaco||Saint Thomas and Prince||Tuvalu|
|Barbados||Czech Republic||Jamaica||Mongolia||San Marino||Ukraine|
|Belgium||Denmark||Japan||Montenegro||Samoa||United Arab Emirates|
|Belize||Dominica||Kenya||Namibia||Saudi Arabia||United Kingdom|
|Bhutan||Ecuador||Kiribati||Nauru||Serbia||United States of America|
|British National Overseas (BNO)||Estonia||Kuwait||New Zealand||Singapore||Vanuatu|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Finland||Liechtenstein||Norway||Slovenia||Vietnam|
|Brazil||Gabon||Luxembourg||Papua New Guinea||South Africa|
No visa requirement if you have a diplomatic passport of the following countries:
Authorized Visas If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above, you will need an authorized visa:
|Azerbaijan||Equatorial Guinea||Kosovo||Nepal||Sri Lanka|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||Iran||Mali||People's Republic of Korea||Turkmenistan|
Please be advised: for authorized visas, the approval process may take up to 60 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted.
NOTE: IF THE VISA IS GRANTED, YOU MUST COME PERSONALLY TO THE CONSULATE TO GET THE VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT.
All the submitted documents must be notarized by a Public Notary in the United States prior to being sent to our offices. You must send the following requirements:
- Complete and sign the visa application (Click here to download)
- Copies of all the pages of your passport, with the passport having at least three months validity before expected trip.
- Flight reservation with itinerary of trip continuation or electronic ticket.
- Copy of a valid I.D. issued by the United States.
- Three photographs (size: 2x2, with white background)
- FORM OF PAYMENT: (2) Money orders from WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM. a) A first Money order for $50.00, made out to: SERVICIO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION. b) A second Money order for $10.00, made out to: CONSULADO DE PANAMA.
- Proof of economic solvency during stay, (No less than USD $500.00) This can be verified with one of the following:
- -Certified bank check with applicant's name.
- -Travelers check with applicant's name.
- -Applicant's bank statement from the last three months.
- -Applicant credit card statements from the last three months.
- -Work certificate with last paycheck or independent worker accreditation, in case of being an employee of a public or private entity.
- -If you are a retired citizen, submit certification of retirement.
- -Letter from employer that reflects your monthly wages. (Must be translated to Spanish)
- -Tax returns from previous fiscal year.
- -If acting as a businessman, submit a bank reference
- -Any other reasonable proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration.
8. Bring the last visa that was approved by the immigration authorities. (if applicable) 9. Hotel reservation (if applicable) 10. Present, if applicable, a letter of invitation, which may come from either a Panamanian resident or a private entity:
- - If temporary or permanent residents of Panama, they must provide:
- i. An authentic copy of their serial number
- ii. Their passport and an identification document for the foreigner
- iii. Their tax reports.
- -If Private entities, they must provide:
- i. Certification in the Public Registry
- ii. Copy of the notice of activities
- iii. Copy of the key of operation in the Free Zone of Colon. (if applicable)
- iv. Their tax reports
11. If presenting a letter of invitation (#10), the economic solvency of the inviter can be verified with these documents:
- -Bank certification
- -Declaration of rent
- -Letter from work with the last date of the Social Security Fund in the case of natural born citizens
12. Important: Include a self-addressed pre-paid envelope for return of documents
13. For the solicitation of a minor, it should be done by a parent or legal guardian.
NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH.
If applying by mail, you do not have to include your original passport, only photocopies of your passport (first and second page.) If your visa is granted, we will contact you.
Stamped Visa: If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above or do not require an authorized visa, you will need a stamped visa. In order to apply for a stamped visa, you will need to send us all the same paperwork as is listed above for the authorized visa, but because the process for the stamped visa is shorter, please include original passport in order to place the visa inside the passport.