There is in effect a Law regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 248 states that:
“Those who hold a valid passport with a 3 months validity left and a valid visa from ONE of the following countries: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia or any of the member countries of the European Union, which has been used at least one time to enter these countries, may enter the Republic of Panama regardless of their nationality”
For more clarification you will qualify for this decree if you comply with all of these requirements:
• Have a valid passport with minimum of three months of validity left.
• Have a valid visa (meaning that it is not expired) from ONE of these countries: USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia or any of the member countries of the European Union.
• You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a United States Visa, you must have entered the U.S. with that visa in order to qualify for the waiver.
• Immigration officials are accepting as valid the entrance of the holders of a United States permanent resident card under this law.
• You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US$ 500.00 upon entry.
NOTE: Please make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity left in your passport and a round trip ticket.
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is six months. If you want to stay longer than six months, you may extend your visa in the Offices of Immigration in Panama.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree http://www.gacetaoficial.gob.pa/pdfTemp/26328/19022.pdf
No Visa Requirement
You will not need a visa if you are from any of the following countries:
|Germany||Brunei||Estonia||Kiribati||Norway||Saint Thomas and Prince|
|Andorra||Bulgaria||Fiji||KuwaitKenya Kosovo||New Zealand||Serbia|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Cambodia||France||Liechtenstein||Palau||Singapore|
|Saudi Arabia||Canada||Gabon||Lithuania||Papua New Guinea||Saint Lucia|
|Belgium||Denmark||Ireland||Mexico||Czech Republic||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bhutan||Ecuador||Comoros||Moldavia||Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic||Tuvalu|
|Belarus||El Salvador||Marshall Islands||Monaco||Romania||Ukraine|
|Bristish National Overseas (BNO)||United Arab Emirates||Solomon Islands||Mongolia||Samoa||Uruguay|
|Bolivia||Slovakia||Israel||Montenegro||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Vanuatu|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Slovenia||Italy||Namibia||San Marino||Venezuela|
|Botswana||Spain||Jamaica||Nauru||St. Vincent and the Grenadines||Vietnam|
|Brazil||United States of America||Japan||Nicaragua||Vatican City||Russia|
No visa requirement if you have a diplomatic passport of the following countries:
If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above, you will need an authorized visa:
|Afghanistan||Djibouti||Iraq||Morocco||People’s Republic of Korea||Turkmenistan|
|Ivory Coast||India||Libya||Democratic Republic of the Congo||Tajikistan|
|Cuba||Indonesia||Mali||People’s Republic of China||Tunisia|
Please be advised: for authorized visas, the approval process may take up to 60 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted. All the submitted documents must be notarized by a Public Notary in the United States prior to being sent to our offices. You must send the following requirements:
• Complete and sign the visa application (Click here to download)
• Copies of all the pages of your passport.
• Copies of any other form of valid I.D. you have issued either by your home country or the country where you reside.
• 3 Photographs (size: 2x2, with white background)
• Proof of economic solvency during stay, (No less than USD$500.00) This can be verified with one or more of the following:
• Certified bank checks with applicant's name.
• Travelers check with applicant's name.
• Applicant bank statements from previous three months.
• Applicant credit card with statements from previous three months.
• Letter from employer that reflects your monthly wage.(must be translated to Spanish)
• Tax returns from previous fiscal year.
• Any other reasonable proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration.
• Hotel reservation (if applicable)
• Flight reservation with itinerary of trip continuation or electronic ticket.
• Certified check or money order for US$135.00 made out to **Consulate of Panama.
• Self-addressed prepaid envelope for return of documents.
If someone is inviting you, you need to present a letter of invitation from that person translated to Spanish if necessary by an authorized public translator along with the following documents:
• Valid copy of cedula.
• If person is a foreigner, copy of general information from passport and temporary or permanent resident card or cedula.
• Copy of receipt from previous utilities bill that includes resident's address.
• Certificate of existence from Public Registry.
• Copy of operation key from Colon Free Zone (if applicable).
• Copy of receipt from previous utilities bill that includes entity's address.
If applying by mail, you may include your original passport, which must have a minimum of 3 months of validity left. Alternatively, you can initially send us photocopies of your passport (first and second page, and make sure there are blank pages available for the Panamanian visa to be stamped) and we will notify you when your visa is granted for you to send in your passport.
If you are from one of the following countries and do not qualify for the visa waiver mentioned above, you will need an stamped visa.