If you have lost your passport or it has expired and you need to travel to Panama, you will need to apply for a travel document. International regulations require everyone traveling internationally to bear a valid passport or a travel document even if they are traveling to their home country.
The travel document may be issued by our Consulate within two to three business days. Before applying to a Travel Document, please keep in mind that this travel document is only valid for 1 month.
Note: According to U.S. regulations in order to leave the country, any person traveling abroad must have a valid passport or a travel document. This travel document (SALVO CONDUCTO) is only valid for traveling to Panama, it would not be validate for traveling to other countries.
• Signed letter of Request for a Travel Document (click to download). The letter must include the applicant’s e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number. The form must be notarized by a Public Notary.
- Please include date of travel in the form.
• Copy of Passport, birth certificate or cédula.
• Two passport pictures.
ONLY FORM OF PAYMENT: (2) Money orders from WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM.
- A first Money order for $48.00, made out to: CONSULATE OF PANAMA.
- A second Money order for $30.00, made out to: FONDO ESPECIAL DE PASAPORTE.
• Prepaid self-addressed envelope to return document.
• If the passport was lost, fill out the Report of Lost Passport Form (click to download). If not applying in person, this form must be notarized by a Public Notary and then authenticated by a Panamanian Consulate for a $30.00 fee.